Free Support Forum

Invalid license signature with Aspose Products

Hello,

We just upgraded from Aspose.Total for .NET to Conholdate.Total for .NET. The licensed file we received does not appear to have a valid signature for Aspose products. I have tested with the latest version of Aspose.Words, Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Barcode. All are on the latest version of 21.5.0, downloaded and installed through Nuget. When we run our licensing code, which is the same code we have been using for years with Aspose.Total, I receive the following error:

“Invalid license signature. Please make sure the license file was not modified.”

The license file has not been modified at all.

I have seen other threads, and this issue was supposedly resolved by upgrading to the latest versions of the Aspose APIs. I have already done this, but the error persists.

Please advise. This is very concerning. Is the license file we received corrupt?

Thanks,
Brett

@InfoEdGlobal

Please share the code you’re using to set the license. Also, please send me the license file privately. Click on my profile name or picture and then use Message option to send me the license privately. We’ll investigate this issue and update you soon.

It appears I initially received an incorrect license file. I received a new one from your support team last night and that one appears to be working for licensing the Aspose APIs. That is resolved.

I am, however, still running into an issue trying to license the GroupDocs.Comparison API. I am licensing it in the same way that I license the Aspose APIs, but, for some reason, the GroupDocs.Comparison.License object can’t find the license file. We have the license file as an embedded resource in our project, which has works fine for the Aspose components.

    Dim gdCompareLic As New GroupDocs.Comparison.License
    gdCompareLic.SetLicense("Conholdate.Total.NET.lic")

Since the “Conholdate.Total.NET.lic” file is an embedded resource, it should be able to find the file. As I have mentioned, this works fine for Aspose using this:

    Dim aWordLic As New Aspose.Words.License
    aWordLic.SetLicense("Conholdate.Total.NET.lic")

When I try this for GroupDocs.Comparison, for some reason the is looking in the base IIS directory, instead of using the embedded resource, and I receive the following error.

“Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\Conholdate.Total.NET.lic”

Please advice. Why GroupDocs.Comparison licensing attempting to access the license file in a different manner.

Thank you,
Brett

1 Like

@InfoEdGlobal

We tried following steps to reproduce the issue:

  • Added license file as an embedded resource
  • Applied license for both APIs

And the license perfectly worked. However, in order to further investigate this scenario, we need following details/resources from you:

  • License file (please share it in a private message)
  • A simple application (preferably console based) using that issue could be reproduced